Appraisals & Audits
Atomic Wombat is an ISACA licensed CMMI Institute partner. We have partnered with CMMI Leader Appraisers to offer a one-stop shop for all your CMMI business needs, including CMMI Training, Coaching, Process Development, and Appraisals for Development and Services.
A CMMI process appraisal is an objective evaluation of an organization’s product development or service delivery capability. Atomic Wombat can help prepare your organization for your appraisal as well as see that your Lead Appraiser is a good fit for your Business.
Contact us. We will be happy to support your CMMI process development journey and your appraisal.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- The CMMI Model provides a best-practice framework for building, improving, and sustaining process capability and performance.
- Want to learn more about the CMMI Model? Atomic Wombat can teach you all about the CMMI Model in one of our training classes.
- There are four types of appraisals defined in the CMMI Institute’s Appraisal Method Description Document (MDD). These are:
- Action Plan Reappraisal
- The aim of an appraisal is to find out the strengths and weaknesses in your processes based on CMMI best practices.
- A Benchmark Appraisal provides a rating. Sustainment Appraisals can extend a current rating. Atomic Wombat can teach you all about the CMMI Model Appraisal types in one of our training classes.
- Visit ISACA’s CMMI Institute Website for detailed information about Appraisals (https://cmmiinstitute.com/learning/appraisals/types)
- Maturity Level 1 – This Maturity Level indicates that the organization is performing at an “Initial” level. At this level, processes are not required, work activities are performed in an unpredictable and reactive manner.
- Maturity Level 2 – An appraisal at Maturity Level 2 indicates the organization is performing at a “Managed” level. At his level, work is managed at the Project level, Projects are planned, performed, measured, and controlled.
- Maturity Level 3 – An appraisal at Maturity Level 3 indicates the organization is performing at a “Defined” level. At this level, processes are well characterized and understood across the organization and are described in standards, procedures, tools, and methods. The organization’s set of standard processes, which is the basis for Maturity Level 3, is established and improved over time.
- Maturity Level 4 – An appraisal at Maturity Level 4 indicates the organization is performing at a “Quantitatively Managed” level. At this level, the organization’s set of standard processes are measured and controlled. The organization is data-driven with quantitative performance improvement objectives that are predictable and align with the needs of the internal and external stakeholders.
- Maturity Level 5 – An appraisal at Maturity Level 5 indicates the organization is performing at an “Optimizing” level. At this level, the organization is focused on continuous improvement and is built to pivot and respond to opportunity and change. The organization’s stability provides a platform for agility and innovation.
- Interesting Fact – The most commonly appraised Maturity Levels are 2 and 3. CMMI Model users will learn more about the Maturity Levels during CMMI Training classes.
Atomic Wombat has the experience and necessary certifications to perform internal and supplier audits using the ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards. If you have any of the issues or problems mentioned below or need audit support, let us know how we can help.
- We can help by not only performing audits, but also ensuring your internal audits are comprehensive and accurately reflect your business processes, associated standards, and contractual needs.
- Also, risks from a supplier can easily translate to risks for the purchasing company. Supplier audits help to catch, document, and mitigate these risks.
- Our auditors have proven experience establishing audit programs, as well as performing internal and supplier audits. Atomic Wombat auditors all have relevant certifications.
- If your audits are not comprehensive and/or not finding opportunities for improvement or compliance nonconformances, then they are providing limited value to your Company. The identification of strengths and weaknesses plus improvement opportunities are what help to ensure that your business processes are working for you – and not the other way around.
- Our auditors have the knowledge and experience in comparing the real-word practices vs the written process. During audits, we can also identify real opportunities for improvement. We know what issues detected during an audit can lead to non-compliance on certification body audits.
- Our auditors have experience reviewing corrective action plans to ensure that the non-compliance is being fully and effectively addressed in a timely manner. Let us help ensure your Business is getting real value and continual improvement opportunities from your audits.
- When you work with Atomic Wombat, we will ensure your internal auditors are competent on the standards as well as with your customer specific requirements.
- If your team needs mentoring and coaching to grow their knowledge and skills, we can provide that service while performing audits.
- We can provide consulting and coaching while performing audits.
- Management should consider the extra value provided by hiring an Atomic Wombat auditor who has the benefit of seeing how other companies have improved their processes.
- Plus, our auditors keep current with the latest released revisions of the ISO and AS9100 standards.
- Let us help ensure that your Business processes are effectively and efficiently working for you.
Atomic Wombat can support your Audit and Appraisal needs.